SOCIAL ANGST is more than just a blog, it is an invitation to aid in the building of wealth through the shared task of information distribution and discussion. It is a call to engage – engage in society, engage with your peers, engage in your political system, engage in spreading the wealth that is information, and engage in multiplying that wealth through discussion – so that collectively we may become more socially aware, more socially responsible, more socially vocal and ultimately more socially valuable.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Editor's Note:
Why I Don't Twitter
(But Desperately Need Your Tweets.)


For those of you who do not know me personally, I have a slightly addictive personality. Thankfully my current addictions are mostly positive in nature (one of the reasons I blog so much). Being aware of this character flaw, I make conscious decisions to avoid things that could lead me into a downward spiral. Outside of my 1984 induced paranoia about losing my right to privacy, this the biggest reason why I do not twitter/facebook. The majority of people can twitter without fear of becoming obsessed. Unfortunately, I'm almost positive that I am not one of those people. Secretly, I find myself in sheer trepidation of becoming a twitter fiend.

While I can't see myself becoming one of those people who tweet about going to the bathroom or divulging my most private grooming rituals, I can see the voyeur in me glued to the twitter screen overactively getting my peeping tom on. So instead of becoming that ugly version of myself, I chose not to tweet. Unfortunately, my lack of existence on twitter inhibits me from proactively getting the word out about Social Angst. So I am coming to you, my readers for help. If you like a blog post you see here, please do me the ultimate kindness and tweet it to your peeps. For me, having Social Angst grow organically from word of mouth, would be the ultimate compliment.

In advance, I thank you for any small promotion of Social Angst you make - shout out, follow, link to your blog, tweet, etc. Know that I am vigorously working on becoming one of your favorite places on the web!
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl